Dear Parents & Guardians,
We hope you all had a lovely and relaxing Easter break and the children are ready to face their final term in St. Josephs for this academic year!
As always, the Parents Association are busy working behind the scenes to bring as much fun and joy to your children’s lives in St. Josephs. Here are some of the highlights of the last month & some events for the children to look forward to over the coming months:
- On April 1st we held our first ‘in school’ coffee morning for parents in over 2 years. It was a huge success. We were delighted that so many parents turned up to meet us and each other. And we’d like to thank all those parents that helped out with the organisation and clean up on the morning.
- You may have heard from your children about the Easter Egg hunt in school! All children from Junior Infants – 3rd Class got to take part in an outdoor Easter Egg Hunt. Great fun was had by all. But don’t worry, those classes that didn’t take part in the Egg Hunt still got to have a share of the chocolate.
- 2nd Class students are currently celebrating their First Holy Communion. Historically the Parents Association held a party for those students & their families in the school, but due to restrictions this has not been possible for the last 2 years. We are delighted to be finally able to hold a Communion Party for all 2nd class students and their families on Saturday 11th June in the school.
- Pádraic Fay has confirmed that School Tours are back this year and have been organised by the class teachers. Your class teacher will be in contact in due course with all the details.
- He has also confirmed that Sports Days will take place in the school. Details of which will be communicated by the school at a later date.
- Shhhhh…..we have a few more nice ‘treats’ planned for the children and staff alike, but we like to keep them a surprise!
Should you have any questions or suggestions for the Parents Association you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Parents Association