St. Joseph’s is a long established school in Dun Laoghaire, County Dublin. The original school was opened in 1860. Our present school building was opened on the 12th September 1962. St. Joseph’s was originally a Montessori school and was among the first Montessori schools in Ireland.
The trustees of the school are “The Society of the Daughters of the Heart of Mary”. The society was founded in France in 1790. It has been involved in the care and education of children in the Dun Laoghaire area since 1856.
The school patron is Archbishop Diarmuid Martin, Archbishop of Dublin.